Here’s the unofficial scoop about me:
- I love life.
- I love humor–especially dry, British humor.
- I love Mexican food, especially hot tortillas with queso dip.
- My husband and I love to travel.
- The Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park is my happy place.
- I firmly believe that God invented cruise ships.
- I’m a musician who is still trying to get music right.
- I’m a wife who is still trying to get wifery right. But I love it all anyway.
- I love people. PEOPLE are the lasting fruit of my labor.
- I’m an extremely imperfect person who serves an extremely perfect God. His Word holds me together.
- I’m a writer because the Word of God is a fire in my bones.
I fell into writing seemingly by accident, but now I can’t help myself. It is essentially required of a steward that a (wo)man be found faithful, and I am a steward.
I am a steward of moments in God’s Presence. A steward of ideas. A steward of freedom that I have found in God’s Word. A steward of encounters with the One True God who is wholly other, Holy and Righteous, Bridegroom, King, and Judge. As I seek out the treasures of His Word and His Presence on a daily basis, I cannot help but write what I find.
I was born old, but don’t hold it against me. I still enjoy my life, but my heart has been captured by another realm. I’m homesick for my Heavenly Father and my Lord Jesus. He is coming soon! I so deeply desire to help the Bride become pure and holy, ready for His return. To that end, in the words of Jonathan Edwards, I have resolved to live my life as if I am the one person God has called to change the world in my generation.
Here’s my official bio:
I am a wife, Bible teacher, freelance writer, and unlikely worship leader from Chattanooga, Tennessee. The most important thing about me is that I’ve been saved by the grace of Jesus Christ.
I’m crazy in love with the Presence of God, the Word of God, and the people of God. My passion is to see “on earth as it is in heaven” become reality in every Christian’s life. I use every medium available to me (preaching, teaching, podcasting, blogging, writing for print, and producing music) to release the Presence, purpose, and power of God into the lives of His people.
My blog, FromHisPresence.com, focuses on encouraging and equipping people to become spiritual fathers and mothers, function in their gifts, and live a supernatural lifestyle led by the Holy Spirit.
My heart beats for the local church. I am an intercessory prayer leader, orchestra musician, and LifeGroup teacher (times two) at my church.
I am a member of the Redbud Writers Guild. I hold a B.A. in Spanish from the University of Tennessee Chattanooga, and a Master’s in Biblical Studies from Berea Seminary.
I am married to the most amazing man in the world, Bruce. He is the husband of my dreams. Together, we have one cat.